[ale] Cheap KVM switch

aaron aaron at pd.org
Sun May 4 13:19:51 EDT 2003

Check out Austin Electronics near I-85 at Jimmy Carter blvd.
(770) 449-8697
6050 Center Place, Norcross, GA 30093

[ They have a really odd URL for their web page and I can't find it
  anywhere right now...]

I recently had to build a setup for switching control of one CPU between two
remote KVM stations. Since this arrangement is the reverse of the usual
single KVM, multiple CPU's configuration, I had to search a bit for properly
gendered switch box and cable components.

After spending about $100 on a manual switch box and some long run RGB cables,
I found the last few hard to locate extender cables at Austin. I also found
out that they had absolutely everything else I had bought for the project at
(literally) half the price. (Which was a bit annoying, because I actually
went to look for the parts at Austin before shopping anywhere else; if they
were still open on Saturdays, it would have been a one stop, bargain basement
deal!)

HTH!
peace
aaron