[ale] Full mailbox

Josh Freeman josh at catea.org
Fri May 2 14:19:55 EDT 2003

CAVEAT: This is NOT intended to start up another "Reply To" flamewar.
I'm all out of marshmallows.

I've noticed  in mailing lists that sometimes vacation messages, bounces
of this sort get ignored by the list. Other times, they get posted back
to the list, which can be real fun. I always assumed this was an error
in the mail client setting / mangling the X-precedence incorrectly, but
never really worried about it much since most of the lists I manage are
don't allow users to post, or are moderated.

In a list where replies go back to the list, how does one prevent a mail
loop in such a circumstance?

Thanks,

Josh

On Fri, 2003-05-02 at 14:10, Geoffrey wrote:
> The messages seemed to have subsided. If it happens again, I will unsub
> the id.
>
> Sean Kilpatrick wrote:

> The latest, most widespread virus?  Microsoft end user agreement.
> Think about it...

Josh Freeman
Technical Manager
Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access