[ale] firewalls... illegal? Cany anyone read legalese?

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Mon Mar 31 09:43:28 EST 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> Because you obviously owe them money.  They "licenced" you a connection
> for 1 computer with the understanding you'd pay more for additional by
> upgrading to a business or other account if you needed more.

And I have exactly one computer hooked to my cable modem.  :)
The rest are hooked to a hub that is hooked to an ethernet interface that
also resides on that one computer.

You can even go to the cable modem's internal web page and it will tell
you there is only one computer.   (What was that about the spirit of the
law?)

> No, I'm definitely not agreeing with them but they see the dollar signs
> and that's it.

Amen.