[ale] X10 Cameras and Linux?

Dan Newcombe Newcombe at mordor.clayton.edu
Thu Mar 27 12:26:02 EST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Robert L. Harris wrote:
> Next is some motion sensors so that if one of them gets up after 9:00
> it'll turn the hall light back on for 30'ish mins, etc....

It's all fun and games until someone hacks your server and starts turning
your house into a light show.

(True story: we were living with my parents till our house was finished.
I had a lamp in our room on X10 so my wife could make her way across the
room at night to the bed (no switches by our bed).  One night the
transciever module started to click like nuts (the solenoid kept firing)
I thought the thing was about ready to catch fire.  Turns out my dad also
had the firecracker kit and was turning it on and off.  He thought that
the light was on ID 1 and was wondering why it wasn't working - kinda
ruined his fun till I told him what I though.)

	-Dan