[ale] NFS via TCP

Jeff Layton jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
Thu Mar 27 06:26:04 EST 2003

Chris Ricker wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Chris Fowler wrote:
>
> > I get an error message that it is not supported.  NFSv3 supports NFS
> > over TCP.  My BSD box serves it up over TCP.
>
> NFSv3 can be over TCP or UDP, but the Linux v3 client has only very recently
> gotten support for TCP NFSv3. You'll have to upgrade your kernel (and then
> expect it to still be flaky)

We've been using NFSv3 over TCP for quite some time using the
kernel patches have had no trouble what so ever. This is a beowulf
running HPC applications over NFS. Lots of IO traffic at different
times.

Jeff

> later,
> chris

Jeff Layton
Senior Engineer
Lockheed-Martin Aeronautical Company - Marietta
Aerodynamics & CFD

"Is it possible to overclock a cattle prod?" - Irv Mullins

This email may contain confidential information. If you have received this
email in error, please delete it immediately, and inform me of the mistake by
return email. Any form of reproduction, or further dissemination of this
email is strictly prohibited. Also, please note that opinions expressed in
this email are those of the author, and are not necessarily those of the
Lockheed-Martin Corporation.