[ale] Employment Anyone?

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 26 13:17:04 EST 2003

	First, sorry to waste the bandwidth, but *I* think it's right up the
alley for this.

	Under the varied topics of Garbage Collection, LAMP Developers, Postal
Delivery, and "it's not what you know, but who you know": well, I know
YOU.  I'm seeking employment.  Please bear with me as I describe
*briefly* my capabilities, and what I'd like to do.  Thanks.

	I've been in the UNIX field since 1981 performing C development, plus
shell scripting, 'way before Perl was invented.  I like Perl, too, and
have developed several apps in that language.  I've developed mostly
business applications, but recently, I've had the chance to delve into
the Linux kernel, and I loved it.  Unfortunatly, Atlanta doesn't seem to
be the hotbed of Linux kernel development that it could be :-(.  You've
seen some of my posts to the lists, thereby corroborating the
preceeding, to a point.

	I'd like to continue in the Linux kernel environment, but failing that,
I'd like to fall back to my application experience.  If you know of
anyone who might use a bright seasoned developer, please send 'em my
way, or me to them.

	Thanks for the use of the bandwidth.  We now return you to your
regularly scheduled ALE list.

Danny