[ale] Current contract market rates for LAMP programmers

hbbs at attbi.com hbbs at attbi.com
Wed Mar 26 10:38:25 EST 2003

I've seen help desk tech ads claiming $10/hr.  A USPS City Carrier Grade 1
(i.e., newbie mailman) makes $16.08/hr.  A seven-year mailman is making $20/hr
and has job security a Web jockey can't even smell, much less touch.

So, ask yourself:  is your two or four years of vo-tech or college, two years of
LAMP, and five years of Web development is worth the same as a seven-year mailman?

- Jeff