[ale] Sandisk

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Wed Mar 26 09:41:55 EST 2003

On Wednesday 26 March 2003 09:29 am, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> Its nice to know that the Sandisk works under Linux.  I'm pulling
> pictures off of it now.  I have a question in regards to making it
> automountable.  I've tried a few tricks modifying autofs but, when I
> insert my CF, I still have to manually mount.  Anyone have some pointers
> for me?

Use Mandrake :-)

Seriously, I haven't seen anything to beat Supermount, but I've only seen
supermount with Mandrake.  There must be a kernel patch floating around
for it--I've never looked.  And maybe a mount patch, too.

With Supermount I just plug in my CF card and use it.  I can cd to
/mnt/cflash, list the card, eject the card, put in a new card, and list
the new card.  No more mounting, unmounting, and worrying about hanging
the kernel cause I've removed a mounted device.  It's been more reliable
than automount, for me.

Michael