[ale] beowulf clustering

da Black Baron dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 21 08:06:12 EST 2003

You know you gotta have special code to run stuff on Beowulf?  Openmosix
lets you run anything, and will migrate any thread generated by a
program to a remote node for processing (with some exceptions).

http://openmosix.sourceforge.net

It's pretty easy to install, too.  Just patch your kernel, compile, and
there ya go...

On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 21:04, Christopher Bergeron wrote:

> Have any of you guys set up a Beowulf cluster?  Is it difficult?  Can it
> be done with off-the-shelf components?

"Here's my family tree.  As far as I can tell, my relatives were
carnival folk who were touring this place called Hiroshima in
the summer of 1945.  Because they lost most of their hair, they
mostly married each other.  And here I am"

                                                        (,,oBo,,)
 Wylde Bill                                               ||||

http://mrpooter.sytes.net
wyldechylde at geocities.com