[ale] spamcop??

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Wed Mar 19 01:47:09 EST 2003

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 10:41:00PM -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> I keep getting these emails from spamcop claiming my domain is guilty of
> spamming.  Anyone else getting this crap?  Either these folks are
> complete idiots, or they're complete idiots.

Actually, it probably is a third possibility.  One of my clients got such
an email.  My analysis determined that someone sent my client spam, spoofing
spamcop's email address to discredit them.

> The latest, most widespread virus?  Microsoft end user agreement.
> Think about it...

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]