[ale] making empty files

Ganelin, Ilia Ilia.Ganelin at bellsouth.com
Tue Mar 18 16:54:25 EST 2003

mkfile

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Vinson [mailto:jason.vinson at mindspring.com]
To: ale at ale.org
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 4:39 PM
To: ale at ale.org
Subject: [ale] making empty files

i am attempting to make files of various sizes to do transfer tests on
my network, and i know there is a command to make an empty file of a
specific size.  Can anyone give me a hint?

TIA,
Jason

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."