[ale] 1 RJ45 == 2 RJ45

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 18 12:12:58 EST 2003

Its not a very good idea, atleast if you care about speed, to do it like this.  That thing looks like its basicly an increadably cheap "mini hub" of sorts.  It just cross connects the Tx and Rx pairs through transistors that are connected to function as 2 high speed back to back diodes (assuming I read the schematic correctly).  This will more then likely have alot of collisions at 10base-T speeds, and will probably be unuseable at 100BaseT.

Mike