[ale] OT: more info on where all the jobs are (going...)

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Sun Mar 16 23:30:54 EST 2003

I don't know what I paid him hourly.

I only cared about how much cost, how much time . . . and that is how I worded
my request for assistance.

When I went for bids, all Americans were twice his price - and as high as
$10,000US (just to build little 'ole ChangingLINKS). According to my Romanian
programmer, the US dollar was worth about *double* in his country at the
time. So, in a way, I gave him US rates - but got an excellent programmer.

Drew

On Sunday 16 March 2003 17:48, Geoffrey wrote:
> ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> > This is correct. While I have never paid for an OS, I have spent
> > thousands on custom software that does what I need it to do. 'Course that
> > brings us back to the origin of the post - I went offshore for the
> > programmer.
>
> And I would maintain that is not necessary, that is unless you're paying
> him something equivalent to the US minimum wage.

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com