[ale] OT: more info on where all the jobs are (going...)

Jim jcphil at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 16 14:02:43 EST 2003

On Sunday 16 March 2003 01:25 pm, Greg wrote:
> Folks buy bottled water because they are:
> 1. Wanting something that they believe is not polluted.
> 2. Too lazy to get a filter.
> 3. Status

All of which goes to the point: people will buy something they can get free if
that item is properly packaged and marketed. Hell, people once paid for pet
rocks. We all know that Microsoft has not succeeded through technical
innovation, but through packaging and marketing. Sure, their monopoly factors
into it, but they used marketing to create the monopoly.