[ale] OT: CSS confusion

Tom & JaVonn pairoftwins at mindspring.com
Thu Mar 13 12:07:45 EST 2003

Christopher:

The problem is huge spaces between the lines of text, which I've been unable to reduce.  Remove the CSS and it looks OK.

Mozilla 1.0  huge spaces between lines, header of table 3-4 times as high as text inside
Netscape 6.2.3  same as Mozilla
Opera 5      huge spaces between lines, header of table OK (same as body)

So, a table becomes largely empty space with text in the middle, except with Opera.
In all cases, two adjacent lines, each enclosed in CSS tags, have a large gap between them.
I tried upgrading Mozilla to 1.2.1, but in Debian it would have meant pulling libc6 and libstdc++ from the unstable tree, which didn't appeal.  Besides, hasn't CSS been around since 1998 ?  Mozilla 1.0 should support that.

Hope this helps,

Tom