[ale] firewire

Benjie Godfrey bgodfrey at layton-graphics.com
Thu Mar 13 10:29:45 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 09:15, Jason Vinson wrote:
> is firwire supported in the current 2.4 kernel?
Yes, firewire ( ieee1394) is well supported under the 2.4 series of
kernels.  I have several firewire drives and burners working under
2.4.{18,19}.  I am using the port on a creative audigy soundcard as well
as an adaptec fireconnect 4300.  You need to load the ohci1394 and
ieee1394 modules to use the devices ( plus any special drivers, video,
network, etc.)  Your devices should look like scsi devices, /dev/sda,
/dev/scd0, etc.

Benjie
--

James B. Godfrey