[ale] OT: Consumer Internet Routers

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Mar 9 11:17:58 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 11:12, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
from CompUSA or BestBuy that will route between ethernet and dial-up?

> What about an external, serial port modem? Surely these are
> still available. Mine is still hooked up that way so I can
> send and receive faxes. Works fine.
>
> Sean

He is on Winbloze98 and I want the ethernet to be shared as a private
network with MASQ used to go outside.

Goal:

To connect his Xbox device to the internet via 56k so he can
play Live games with me.  He does not have the ability now
to get broadband access. He currently has one computer running Win98.