[ale] PowerSpec (microcenter) pcs?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Sun Mar 9 11:00:50 EST 2003

My Dad's in the market for two reasonably priced desktop pcs.  He doesn't
really want to pay shipping charges from Dell or Gateway, so he's been
looking locally.

A salesman at Circuit City was pushing E-machines on him, but I've always
been under the impression E-machines were the lowest of the low (think
Packard Bell), so I told him to go look at Microcenter.  He did yesterday
and said their PowerSpec (apparently Microcenter's own brand) pcs seemed
to be priced right.

Anyone have any good/bad experience with these?  Are they good quality?
Any caveats?

Thanks!

John