[ale] Cool toys available from Bell Labs

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Mar 8 10:46:06 EST 2003

I was doing a bit of research regarding my previous posting on early
linux and stumbled across, what I consider to be a gold mine.  Seems a
number of the tools that were used internally years ago in the labs,
which were shared across the, then AT&T corporation are not open
sourced.  There are references to exptools, which were the 'expermental
tools' available internally at that time.  My first exptools experiences
include ksh and perl!

Anyway, check out the links and have fun.  One tool I'll mention we used
extensively is cscope, a c language debugging tool

Have fun.

http://www.bell-labs.com/project/wwexptools/packages.html

Oh yeah, I wouldn't have mentioned this if these things did not have a
Linux port:

http://www.bell-labs.com/project/wwexptools/buildtypes.html

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...