[ale] better web browsers?

aaron aaron at pd.org
Fri Mar 7 22:58:37 EST 2003

Opera.

Its FAST.

I've Been helping it evolve with occasional (minor) bug reports since version
5.0.  Am now running 6.11 stable on Linux, 6.0 on OSeX machines at work and
7.0 on the one winblows 32 machine I have to touch with a ten foot pole once
in a while. OSeX and Linux versions are great and both are highly
customizable. Curious that some of the interface customization features are
missing in the winblows version of Opera... at least the unregistered one...
maybe they figure it has to be dumbed down for that audience?? ;-)

And Opera is FAST on any platform.

I also keep Mozilla about for occasional cases where Opera has render or
effects problems with a site. However, since updating to the current 6.11 for
Linux, I rarely have to awaken and fire up the more sluggish dragon.
Discovered just the other day that the browser now displays PDF files by
opening Ghostview in the Opera window!

BTW, Version 7 preview for Linux was JUST posted (according to the Opera for
Linux mailing list).

peace
(after justice)
aaron