[ale] OT:Atlanta Police make comp.risks!

Ray Knight audilover at atlantabroadband.com
Sat Mar 8 04:55:02 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 16:36, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> A police officer walks into a neighborhood where his partner has recently been
> killed on duty.
> The killer is on the run, and has not been found.
> A family member lets the police officer into the home of the partner's killer.
> He sees the killer's mother standing across the room.
> She is holding a butter knife.
> She is upset that police have been hard on her family and her people.
> She wants the police officer to leave and threatens him with a plastic butter
> knife.
> The officer draws his weapon . . . and points it at the mother.
> He is an officer of the law - and it is against the law to threaten him.
> He says "Ma'am, put down the knife," and she doesn't.
> She keeps yelling at him and swinging the plastic knife around from across the
> room.
>
> The officer opens fire.
>
>                       Is the officer justified?
>
> The United States is the police officer - somehow Americans believe that it is
> "above other nations."
> The United States has the most advanced weapons on the planet.
> The mother is Iraq. She did NOT kill the officer's partner,
> supports her son(Iraq allegedly harbors terrorists), and has LIMITED weapons.
>
> Thus, the Officer/United States is not justified in killing the mother/Iraq.
> The irony is that we use weapons to threaten another nation to disarm.

Your analogy is completely flawed.  Iraq stormed into their neighbors
house (Kuwait), raped their women and stole their valuables.  The US and
a few other nations (Swat team) moved in and pushed Iraq back into their
own house.  On the way back home Iraq burnt down the neighbors house
(Set many oil wells on fire).  Instead of throwing Iraq in the slammer
and throwing away the key, probation and house arrest was tried
(Sanctions and inspections).  House arrest didn't work to well Iraq
first started beating his children (attacks against Iraqi citizens).
Now a policeman visits occasionally to insure he doesn't beat his
children (No fly zones).  Still the house arrest doesn't work to well,
he continues to stockpile weapons and illegal chemical and biological
compounds.  After 12 years of this shit it's apparent to anyone with an
ounce of sense that probation and house arrest was the wrong
punishment.  It's now past time to revoke the probation and send him to
death row.

Ray