[ale] Looking for a trade?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Thu Mar 6 10:45:38 EST 2003

  I've got a Lucent P115G 24 port switch that is 10/100 half duplex (full
duplex on the uplink though...?).  It's great for connectivity on machines
directly connected but I'm having issues while trying to connect my
desktop to a switch uplinked over an 80foot line to my nfs server that
I'm hitting pretty hard.  Yeah, most of my lag is probably the nfs and
the ammount of traffic I'm generating.

  At any rate the booger can be partitioned into 3 virtual switches of 8
ports per switch or combinations ranging to 1 big 24port bank.  Bright
pretty lights and set up for a 19" rack mount.

  Anyone have a smaller switch (8+ ports) that's 100baseT-FDX that
they'd be up for swapping?  If need be for a bigger upgrade I've got
some parts I'd be up for throwwing in (alot of ram 128-256Meg sticks,
drives (scsi and ide from previous upgrades, etc)) to even out the deal.

Any takers?
  Robert

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: E344DA3B
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Diagnosis: witzelsucht

IPv6 = robert at ipv6.rdlg.net	http://ipv6.rdlg.net