[ale] Sendmail and smart relays

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Wed Mar 5 11:33:35 EST 2003

Chris Fowler wrote:
> I would like to make the sendmail server on my firewall a smart relay
> for all sendmail servers on the private net.  Is there a switch I need
> to configure in the firewall to make it become this "smart" relay?

To make the "smart" relay be smart?  No sendmail switch, but the box does have to configured (dns, routes, etc) as to be able to access any other mail system it is relaying to. (or even relaying to a "smarter" relay ;-)

Probably the only gotcha you should run into is how to configure the sendmail to allow relaying, without creating an open-relay.

--
Lost in Tokyo,
  Keith