[ale] Measuring DSL performance

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Tue Mar 4 15:11:52 EST 2003

I think that dslreports.com has/had a feature that did this - used java via
the browser I think.  Another way is to download a huge file from someone
and note the speed, both before and after the switch.  When I switched over
from telocity I noticed no difference since it is all on Bellsouth's wire -
and I used one of the download-measuring sites on dslreports or whatever it
was.

ok, the site is http://monitor.dslreports.com .  I just looked at my report.

Good Luck

Greg