[ale] Debian Sound issue - Cannot load libvorbisfile file

Subba Rao subba9 at cablespeed.com
Sat Mar 1 07:52:33 EST 2003

Hi

I am experiencing some problem with the sound system.  My system is running
Debian 3.0 (Woody).  Initially the sound system worked fine.  Few weeks ago I
upgraded to GNOME 2.2 and then I lost sound.  When I try to play some WAV
files I keep getting the following error message:

-----------------------------
subba9 at myhost:/usr/share/sounds$ play phone.wav
playing phone.wav
sox: error while loading shared libraries: libvorbisfile.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

The sound driver that I am using is from OSS. The tests from the OSS install
programs are working fine.

How do you get sound working back again in Debian 3.0 + GNOME 2.2?

Thank you in advance for any help.

--
Subba Rao
subba9 at cablespeed.com