[ale] server load testing

Mike Lockhart backpacker at hikers.net
Mon Mar 24 04:22:10 EST 2003

What I'm really looking for is a set of tools that will let me get good
data on disk performance (i think i can use hdparm for this though),
memory performance, processor performance, overall system performance,
etc..  To get to the point, every time I build up a server box, I want
to stress test the heck out of it to make sure that everything is
working as well as it needs to be, and also to find out what its limits
are, so that if its not performing as good as needed, additions/changes
can be made.

- mike