[ale] SuSE 8.2, OpenOffice, JRE1.x

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Mon Jun 30 13:15:08 EDT 2003

On Monday 30 June 2003 11:51, Fulton Green wrote:
> I don't believe OpenOffice has a dependency on Java:
> http://www.openoffice.org/product/page41.html

I believe that Java is required to do some things in Open Office. In RedHat
this is more clearly spelled out, and.. . .no, sorry that was for StarOffice.

Well the bottom line is that Yast2 will not let a user cleanly install
OpenOffice from the ftp install without JRE. And, JRE is not available in
Yast2 for ftp installers.

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com