[ale] Mobo suggestions

Matty matty91 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 27 20:40:39 EDT 2003

I personally think that 64-bit CPUs are hyped more than they should be.
While there are a limited number of 64-bit instructions in the SPARC
instruction set, most applications are not compiled to use them. I think
the best benefits are the ability to access 2^44 bytes of memory on the
SPARC platform, and the ability to address 64-bit floating point
registers. I personally feel that the medias misrepresents what the
64-bit platforms provide. Am I missing something?

- Ryan