[ale] HELP, Keyboard mapping

aaron aaron at pd.org
Fri Jun 27 18:58:44 EDT 2003

On Friday 27 June 2003 08:35, Mazukna, Thomas wrote:
> HI,
>
> as a proud owner of recently installed SuSE 8.2 I have a problem.
> The numeric keypad DOT puts in a COMMA!
> my primary use of it is typing in IPs.
> How frustrating is that...... And who came up with idea to map it to comma?

Euro numeric notations use comma as the decimal devider, with the dot as the
hundreds seperator:

US    -- 299,550,210.89
Euro -- 299.550.210,89

SuSE is primarily a Euro distro... so the mapping is not that surprising.

> How do I change that ?

Check your LOCAL settings in your window manager.

Outside of that... it will become a matter of chasing down the key mapping in
your X config.

Sorry I don't know enough to be more specific.

peace
aaron