[ale] VI

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jun 27 11:49:59 EDT 2003

tom hawks wrote:
> Probably a simple question. Say i am using a bunch of
>  , what is the command in vi where I dont have to
> type in the whole phrase, just a keystroke or
> something?

There's a couple of ways to approach this, although it sounds like you
want a macro, but I wouldn't think that's really the right solution.
Here's one possibility:

Enter ' ' on a single line, go to command mode with 'esc', go to
the beginning of that line and enter 'y$' which 'yanks' from the current
position to the end of the line into a buffer.  Now enter 'P' (that's a
uppercase p) as many times as you want this string and you'll insert the
string ahead of the current one.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...