[ale] easy first distro for a non-linux person?

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Fri Jun 27 10:42:28 EDT 2003

On Friday 27 June 2003 08:05 am, Jim Lynch wrote:
> Webmin?  It's installed on my system, but all it seems to want to do is
> administer itself.  There don't seem to be any other functions
> installed.  It's pretty useless, IMHO.

Then it is misinstalled or misconfigured.  Webmin supplies GUI interfaces
for pretty much every admin task (except package administratino, I think).
You can add users, configure sendmail/postfix, maintain your DNS, etc.  I
think the last version I looked at provided maybe 30 different server
packages.  It is definitely the nices GUI admin tool I've used.  I'd try
reinstalling it.

Michael