[ale] easy first distro for a non-linux person?

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Fri Jun 27 01:16:03 EDT 2003

> You bloody can't beat that.

Geoffrey is right, and he helped convert me. If you look in the archives of
ALE, you will see me having lots of problems. The problems that I had are ALL
gone with the use of Yast2, and open source video drivers.
I can move on to new problems now (I still fail in efforts to get Java in the
browser and Real Player working).

Suse 8.2 is on all of my systems now. I finally have a feeling of security
that I can handle my Linux box enough to get by as well as I did with 10
years experience with Windows. Suse got it right. I hope they don't take a
left turn like RH did with 8.0.

You may want to take the time to install RH, Mandrake and Suse. I will bet
that the Suse install will be faster, offer more, be more stable, offer more
speed and will be easier to install (and thus re-install like I am fond of
doing) than any other distro out there.
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com