[ale] weird problem with Suse 8.2 and Samba

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Thu Jun 26 11:54:58 EDT 2003

> Okay, so now I'm confused.  I do not have a samba entry in 'networking
> services.'  I'm wondering how you got it there?  I'm going to check out
> my installed services to see what I can find.  Samba's working on this
> box, but I'd like to see the ability to configure from the gui.

You can install samba from Yast2 (because it is just software) using the
technique that you taught me (search and click).
Getting Samba running and configuring it is *NOT* under networked services
like I thought.

I would also like to see the ability to configure Samba from the GUI (though
with Suse 8.2, and a Linux version of Unreal, there is only 1 more program
that I need that runs on Windows. MSFT is a tough competitor :( ).

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com