[ale] weird problem with Suse 8.2 and Samba

Van L. Loggins vloggins at turbocorp.com
Wed Jun 25 07:07:41 EDT 2003

after reading all of the comments on the ALE mailing list, I used the
url link that was
provided in a previous ale message to download the 8.2 ISO images and I
installed it on
my file server system at the house to try it out.

can someone enlighten me as to how to properly set up samba on a Suse
system.
I've done it several times on Redhat 8.0 and 9.0 without a whole lot of
difficulty.

I installed webmin and I've got my samba config file set up identical to
how I had
it set up before on RH 8.0 and 9.0.

I looked to see if there was any services that I needed to start in webmin
but I didn't find the samba service even though samba is installed. I do
have SMB and SMBFS running.

I'll fiddle with it for a week or two but if I can't get this resolved
I will have to go back to RH 9.0.

Thanks for any insight or information that you can provide on this subject.

Other than this everything seems to run perfectly on suse 8.2
very slick.

Van Loggins        vloggins at turbocorp.com
Assistant System Administrator
Linux User #316727