[ale] Spam-related conspiracy theory...

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Tue Jun 24 17:10:20 EDT 2003

Is this along the same line of thinking as:

[3 Letter Agency] "We want to tap and track all telephones in the United States."

[Telecom Company] "Wow, that's ambitious.  Do you realize how much that will cost?"

[3 Letter Agency] "Think of a way for the users to pay for it.  Call it a feature."

[Telecom Company] "Hey, we could make the incoming number show up on a little screen.  That way the users would see the originating number and only accept the relevant ones.  You (3 Letter Agency) get an easy to follow list of numbers the user accepted.  We make money by selling it as a cool/must have feature.  And the user foots the bill!"

and I haven't seen the Martix II yet....

Preston