[ale] Ummmmm Apple

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Tue Jun 24 09:51:41 EDT 2003

Doubtful, considering the Dual 3.06 GHz Xeon they had running next to the
Dual 2GHz G5 got *spanked* in the tests they ran. (Photoshop, Mathematica,
etc.) The G5 is a 64-bit monster, too.

Plus, they spec'd out a comparable Dell system and ended up at something
like $4100 or thereabouts compared to the Dual 2GHz G5's $2999 tag.

Note: I'm not an Apple fanatic, but I really like my new iBook. :)

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:55:48 -0400