[ale] Burning a dvd with cdrecord?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon Jun 23 21:06:11 EDT 2003

  I have an IDE DVD (Sony).  I just made a cute little DVD of my son's
graduation from kindergarten and want to make copies for my remote
family.  I put the DVD in the drive and did a:

  dd if=/dev/sr0  of=/tmp/Graduation.raw

This created a 2.3Gig file in /tmp.  I tried to burn it with:

cdrecord --speed=4 -v dev=3,0,0 -eject /tmp/Graduation.raw

Looked good until cdrecord complained that it didn't have DVD-R/DVD-RW
support code.  Anyone know how I can burn this DVD so I can send these
things out to my family?

Robert

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu