[ale] Linuxthreads question

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Jun 23 17:59:59 EDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 04:16:25PM -0400, Armsby John-G16665 wrote:

> What is it you want to do?  Are you thinking of a C++ implementation?

It seems from the email that he would like to implement some version
of threads without using the native clone() system call.  I think
even pthreads under the hood uses clone() on Linux.  It just adds
a familiar interface that is portable.  and some nifty locking features.
I have not dived into the mutexs that deeply but I'm sure they are
using semaphores behind the scenes.  Are'nt semaphores wonderful?