[ale] Raid

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Jun 21 20:48:35 EDT 2003

You don't want to have HD1 as parity. It defeats the purpose of RAID 5
data safety. If HD1 dies, it's _ALL_ gone.

If you are seriously looking at having to add more HD space later to a
RAID setup, look at using LVM to handle HD slices for adding space and
RAID on top to provide the data space itself.

LVM is some serious big iron stuff. Read lots!!