[ale] nVidia woes revisited

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Jun 21 10:18:40 EDT 2003

I. Herman wrote:
> I am running a fresh install of SuSE 8.2 and have a nVidia Riva TNT2.  I
> downloaded the IA32 driver (running a PIII) and installed it, didn't get
> any errors.
>
> What's happening is, when I use that driver, the edge of the screen is
> past the borders on the monitor..and the screen "scrolls".  I have tried
> to reconfigure/resize and haven't had any luck, forcing me to uninstall
> the driver.

It sounds to me like your virtual screen size and your modes don't
match.  Check to see if you have a 'Virtual ' entry in your display
section.  It should match your default mode being used.  If you have a
'virtual' entry, simply removing it may solve your problem.  It's likely
that your configration file has a mode that matches the virtual entry,
but is not supported by your card for some reason.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...