[ale] Suse or Red Hat? (yes, yes, i know here we go again...)

John Marasco jemarasco at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 20 14:04:58 EDT 2003

The FTP install worked well for me but only with a decent amount of memory (I think 128MB).  The FTP install wouldn't work with 56MB.  It took a while (hour or more) with broadband so if you try on dialup make sure your machine has 128+ MB RAM and start it up before bedtime.  I also created a boot floppy when I did the install and that worked.  Is the boot CD for a network install or just another way to do the FTP install?

I am by far and away not a Linux expert.  It's been many years since I did my last install and that was RH from a CD.  I didn't have any trouble at all with SuSE.  The installs were so dependable and repeatable that I was able to diagnose power supply problems at the same time.