[ale] OT: DVD Playback on Laptops

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jun 20 12:01:56 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 11:13:56AM -0400, Thomas Holmquist wrote:
> DVDs work great on my laptop (debian unstable) (1200/800mhz GF2), They
> are as smooth as silk. Im using mplayer BTW.

What I'm trying to figure out is why DVD playback on an AMD 1800+
with 512m running XP Pro can be sluggish at differenct sections
of the DVD.  It seems more like a performance issue than a problem
with media.  I want to see if I can fix it before purchasing a
5.6" portable DVD player.  15" is far better than 5.6" :).  Not
as portable though.

Chris