[ale] Suse or Red Hat? (yes, yes, i know here we go again...)

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jun 20 11:31:52 EDT 2003

Preston Boyington wrote:

> Yes.  As Todd will run something like Fluxbox or WindowMaker, his
> wife will stick to KDE or Gnome.  It would be nice if she was able to
> type in her username/password and choose her environment.  I am
> beginning to see this as a necessary feature as most people don't
> want to have to hand edit anything.

If I recall correctly, both gdm and kdm provide such functionality, so
you should be fine with either.  I actually have used gdm and kdm to
start up Enlightenment wm.

Also, I believe both kdm and gdm remember your last selection by user,
thus, once you choose, you'll get that be default unless you choose another.

So, yes, you should have such functionality with SuSE.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...