[ale] Suse or Red Hat? (yes, yes, i know here we go again...)

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Fri Jun 20 09:47:03 EDT 2003

> Personally, with the advantage of YAST2, I can't imagine why
> you would
> want to use apt.
>
> What is it you get with apt that you don't get with YAST2?

I only know what has happened to me over the years with updating and installing rpm's in RH (pre 7.2).  After changing over to Debian I haven't had any trouble installing or updating my machines, so I use it (Debian) to gauge other distro's.  I can only assume that YAST2 checks and installs any needed dependancies and security updates?

Also does Suse have a little drop down box to choose which desktop to use (like Mandrake does at login)?  (if anyone knows where i can find this script let me know.  i want to use it on some livecd's i am making)

Preston