[ale] Suse or Red Hat? (yes, yes, i know here we go again...)

drew nobody at ale.org
Thu Jun 19 16:21:43 EDT 2003

Geoffrey wrote:

> Drew, who frequent's this list, has successfully downloaded a boot.iso
> which will permit you to do a network install of SuSE.  I've never done
> it.

Ironically, the opposite is true. For 8.2 I downloaded and burned 3 boot CDs
that all failed to boot. I called up Geoffrey (my Suse expert), he went to
the same place, got the same boot.iso, and burned a successfully booting one.

Quick to seize the opportunity, I begged him to send it to me. I can't thank
him enough. My whole LAN is installed from that CD. Thank you Geoffrey!

I was able to wreck a Suse install just a moment ago using the Yast2 update
which did not complete and crashed. When I restarted the box, there was a
kernel panic and such.  BUT, I took the drive out of my wife's box, threw it
in here and got everything working right - using just the mouse. IT EVEN
updated the hostname automatically! (Note: My boxes are similar).
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com