[ale] Help! [Fwd: NFS problems]

Jonathan Glass (IBB) jonathan.glass at ibb.gatech.edu
Thu Jun 19 18:54:30 EDT 2003

The following is an error from a workstation with an NFS mounted home
directory.  The NFS server apparently has something misconfigured, but I
cannot for the life of me figure out what.  If anyone has any ideas, I'd
greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks

Jonathan

Jonathan I guess you are aware but these are the errors I'm getting. Could
you let me know when will boz be up and running. Thanks

$ ssh <client>
<user>@<client>'s password:
NFS getattr failed for server <nfs_server>: error 7 (RPC:
Authentication error)
NFS getattr failed for server <nfs_server>: error 7 (RPC:
Authentication error)
NFS getattr failed for server <nfs_server>: error 7 (RPC:
Authentication error)
Could not chdir to home directory /home/<user>: I/O error
NFS getattr failed for server <nfs_server>: error 7 (RPC:
Authentication error)
NFS getattr failed for server <nfs_server>: error 7 (RPC:
Authentication error)
/usr/openwin/bin/xauth:  error in locking authority file
/home/<user>/.Xauthority
NFS getattr failed for server <nfs_server>: error 7 (RPC:
Authentication error)
NFS getattr failed for server <nfs_server>: error 7 (RPC:
Authentication error)
NFS getattr failed for server <nfs_server>: error 7 (RPC:
Authentication error

Kerem PEKKAN, Ph.D.
Biomedical Engineering Department
Georgia Institute of Technology