[ale] Suse or Red Hat? (yes, yes, i know here we go again...)

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Jun 19 15:15:16 EDT 2003

Preston Boyington wrote:

> I am not farmiliar with Suse, but it seems that other than ordering it (I
> don't mind buying) all I can download is a LiveCD.  Does their FTP install
> work well?  (Please be aware that I live in a broadband neglected area of
> the South.)  Also, if buying, where is a good place to get a deal?

Drew, who frequent's this list, has successfully downloaded a boot.iso
which will permit you to do a network install of SuSE.  I've never done
it.  I've got SuSE 8.1 personal, 8.1 pro and 8.2 pro.  I purchased the
8.1 stuff at Compusa when they had a sale on them in the paper.  SuSE
8.2 pro, I purchased online as an upgrade from SuSE.

I would not try a network install if you don't have broadband connectivity.

I've seen copies at Border's books and just this weekend at Microcenter.
  I didn't price either though.  I think Best Buys carries it too, but
I'd not bet a beer on that.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...