[ale] OT:VPN experts...

Adrin haswes at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 19 07:34:45 EDT 2003

Okay I have read all the post.

You want two separate VPN Tunnels to two different Locations.  If you lock down the
software so that all traffic goes through the tunnels does it work? Do the IT guys
complain at the office the next day?  I personally Don't see why this shouldn't work. I
will have to test it and see sometime.  The major problem that I have seen is the
endpoints. Encase I am not right, this is the LAN IP address of the tunnels. If you
connect to a tunnel and have the same LAN IP address as the LAN or another Tunnel, OPPS.
You can bring down a tunnel or never get a response because a route back can not be found.
I have used the Linksys vp41 a couple of times.  I don't like parts of the setup but it
works and works great.  You may want to make sure that you define the routes in the VPN
tunnels to the LAN IP address of the network you are connecting to. if you put 0.0.0.0 on
both then you are just confusing the router.

Sometimes VPNs work just good enough to put you on the edge of being postal

Adrin