[ale] Limiting web browsing with IPTables?

James Sumners james at sumners.ath.cx
Tue Jun 17 22:55:50 EDT 2003

Actually, that will not work. I am setting this machine up as a kiosk on a
college campus. I need the interface to be as familiar to the feneral populace
as possible (e.g. I have the machine booting to enlightenment running mozilla
with an IE theme [enlightenment so that mozilla can be easily restarted if it
is closed]). I also can not spend any money on a commercial solution, but that
comes second to me wanting to figure out how to work iptables.

I played with fwbuilder today. It seems like a nice tool for quickly generating
firewalls once you understand how the rules work in the first place. After I
managed to generate a firewall that would half way work I realized that I just
need to break down and read a few HOWTOs and try to write my own rules. I am
still open to any pointers though.

--

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the

Missionara Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
CH:D 59