[ale] ssh -X won't work

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Mon Jun 16 19:09:43 EDT 2003

On Monday 16 June 2003 18:36, Dow Hurst wrote:
> When you start a session with this server does netstat -an show the X
> ssh server running on both machines?

Well, the ssh server IS running on both machines, but that's not surprising to
me.

> Just curious as it probably
> isn't.  There aren't any firewalls in between you and the server are
> there?

The target machine in question IS a firewall (linus based of course), but
there's nothing between.  Basic ssh stuff works just fine, it's the -X that
doesn't.

> Do you have the same version of openssh on each server?
Well, I've tried from numerous clients, including one that does have the same
version:  OpenSSH_3.4p1